Wednesday 11 May 2011

My first collagraphs









Okay so these were my first collagraphs.

I am really pleased with the depth that is being created, and I am not converted to making monoprints with a collagraph.

For my final piece I have decided to make an aluminium plate collagraph, this will allow me to scratch and etc into it whereas the ground resist doesn't do this. I can also cut out and layer up metals but I have only given myself two days to make the plate. 12 hours should be long enough.... I hope!

And then next week will be blind printing and then the monoprint combined with the collagraph but I am only using black ink still.

This medium is allowing me to be far more tactile; I can create more depth and texture using literal texture with the carborundum.

No comments:

Post a Comment